Hard to Count
Hard To Count Communities
- African American
- American Indian and Alaska Native (AIAN)
- Asian American
- Limited English Proficient
- Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander (NHPI)
- Transitioning Age Youth
- Young Mobile
The interactive map shows California census tracts and block groups shaded by the California Hard-to-Count Index.
Many California residents live in areas that, based on demographic, socioeconomic and housing characteristics, may be hard to count in 2020. Tools such as this Hard-to-Count (HTC) interactive map will help focus outreach efforts to get more people to participate and BE COUNTED!
Using the map
- Pan the map to examine the community
- Click on a tract to learn about an area
- Zoom in to see census block group-level census data
Who is Hard-To-Count?
The census bureau has done research over the years to determine which populations are missed at higher rates in the census.
Map of Hard-to Count Communities
You can use the map to prioritize hard-to-count communities for your Get Out the Count campaign
Know you facts
The fact sheets below show detailed hard-to-count information specific for all the Senate, Assembly and Congressional Districts.